Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Best of Beat Tracks: VOL. ONE

Remember how beating the party used to be. I mean, the party never stopped. This particular strain of dance music has fascinated me for years. It's no wonder that "Italo Disco" made such a come back. We are all children in search of the future. Electronic music with African Roots. This is the Lowah of dance music. Some Chongo Shit...

This one was popular when I was in Jr. High. It was often mixed with "Freeze". So much, that I thought it was them, when I was a boy, growing my ears.



FREEZE... Rock!



Here's my jam...



... and here's Ronnie's...



Get into the circle and show me what you've got. This Beat was made to JACK too...



Are you understanding, yet?



Here's some early Gene Ferris for that ass. Pre- Ferris Wheel. These were some fiercest dance floors I've ever been on. This is where I learned to beat it...

1 comment:

  1. Dag, Joe! Taking me back, Chop...

    That Ferris acid track is a find and a half.
    And that Faces 3 beat is the one we used to call the "pineapple beat" because of some clear yellow vinyl version with a pineapple on the label that Game used to have.

    Keep jackin this blog, boyeee....

    DEALone

    ReplyDelete