Monday, August 3, 2009

More Alex Novaga, Jesse Velez, WBMX, and some Old School North Side for that ass...

Two facts: 1.)You Tube is better than myspace for music.2)There is no hiding my Chicago roots. We grew up with the best radio in the world. Where else could you hear...

There are some great cover songs. I don't know what it is. They are fun to listen to, when some one can make a song their own.



Jesse Velez. This shit reminds me of the South Side, too much. I love it. Rest in Peace. Your music keeps you alive forever...



WBMX and the Love Tempo live mix. This was my radio station when I was in the sixth grade.



... and some things just were not on the radio. I saw some of the first unchaperoned concerts at this Venue. My mother or brother would usually be waiting for me in the McDonalds parking lot on the far side, across the street. In picking me up from just having seen Social Distortion and Sham 69, she said she'd never she'd never pick me up again from a punk show again after getting the hood of the car spit on by some one dressed up "all in spikes and leather". She'd end up making my brother do it, eventually trusting me to get to these events under my own power. Saw some great shows at the Cubby Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment